Add your event!
This calendar is for professional activities including training, workshops and supervision for workers in their gaining and refining skills in facilitating parenting initiatives, such as groups and seminars.
Tuning in to Kids - 2 day Training for Facilitators Workshop
The training will teach professionals the key skills taught to parents in the program using direct teaching, watching DVDs, demonstration, small group exercises, role plays and group discussion.
What is Tuning in to Kids?
Tuning in to Kids is a parenting program that helps children learn to understand and regulate their emotions. It teaches parents:
• awareness and regulation of their own emotions
• awareness of their children’s emotions
• to use children’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
• skills in assisting children to verbally label their emotions
• skills in assisting children in problem solving
• to guide children’s behaviour with appropriate limits
The research evaluations of Tuning in to Kids have found that when parents learned these skills, they were linked to improvements in children’s emotional competence, social skills and behaviour. For children with behaviour or anxiety problems, the program was particularly effective.
Cost $550.00 Training only or $660.00 Training & Manual
Location Relationships Aust. Westmead Centre, 149 Hawkesbury Rd , 2145
Region Western Sydney
Get Driving Directions
Click on the map below
Phone 03 9371 0214
On 29 October 2012
9.30am - 4.30pm
Repeats every 1 day(s), ends on 30 October 2012
» Emotional Development.
» Parenting course
» Positive relationships
» Tuning into kids
Close to Public Transportation
URL Visit website